Essay Topics About Discipline: 20 Questions You Should Explore
Punishment. Self-control. Rewards. Students who have to write an essay about discipline have several subtopics to choose from. This topic can be approached in so many different academic areas, from psychology and education to sports and business. Without discipline, people can quickly fail to achieve their dreams and goals. With all of the different topics about discipline, there are a variety of different questions that students can ask as a way to get their essays organized and written. Here are 20 questions that can become the focus of a successful paper:
- What is the best way to discipline an elementary student with behavioral issues?
- How does a coach instill discipline in an athlete?
- What is the benefit of practicing discipline in a yoga class?
- How does discipline help people succeed at their diets?
- What does positive discipline look like in a high school classroom?
- How do college students develop discipline to attend class and complete their homework?
- How to freelance writers use self-discipline to complete their writing assignments?
- How do psychotropic drugs help people use self-discipline?
- Is self-discipline overrated in today’s society?
- What is plate discipline in baseball and how do batters achieve it?
- How can parents help their children become self-disciplined?
- When people want to save money, how can they become disciplined to succeed?
- What type of discipline is needed for self-employed people to succeed?
- How do athletes show discipline when performing?
- How does discipline in school affect the way that students behave in the workplace?
- Who affects student self-discipline more: school employees or parents?
- What is the best way to instill self-discipline in employees?
- What makes people fail to develop a sense of self-discipline?
- Are punishments or rewards more effective in instilling discipline in family pets?
- How do parents know if they are trying too hard to instill discipline in their children?
Prior to writing the question, it is important to think about how the question can be answered. The question should not be too broad, because it will not lead to a good answer that can be discussed in an essay. The question should apply to the class topic and it should be interesting to the student. It should also be something that can be researched and proved. In many cases, a yes-or-no question is the best to write, because the paper will only discuss the yes or no answer.
Discipline is something that we have all experienced personally in different forms, seen used on others, and is also something that many of us will go on to use later in life, both in the form of self-discipline and as something to keep children and even employees in check. It is essential to life as we know it, and we need it in its many different forms in many different situations.
The first reason that discipline is so important is that we all need to exercise self-discipline to be successful in life. Self-discipline can mean very different things to different people; for students, for example, self-discipline is often about motivating yourself and making yourself concentrate on your studies and get your assignments in on time. For working people, it can be as simple as getting up on time every morning, however tired you may be and how much you may hate your job, getting to work on time and doing your job. Without this kind of self-discipline, people would not be able to enjoy academic success, or be successful in their careers either.
Self-discipline is also required for dieters and anyone doing regular exercise, because given the chance, most of us would prefer to be lazy rather than get up and exercise, and eat burgers and fries rather than healthy food. Without it, even more people would be fat and unhealthy, and a lack of self-discipline in some people certainly contributes to the obesity crisis.
Discipline is also something that needs to be used on others where necessary. If parents didn’t discipline their children when they were naughty, children wouldn’t grow up knowing right from wrong, or be able to become productive members of society who contribute to the system. Equally, schoolteachers need to be able to dish out punishments to children who don’t behave themselves. Without discipline in the classroom, there would be a great deal of disruption and nobody would ever learn anything. Indeed, teachers who struggle to command the respect of students and who fail to use discipline effectively will often have trouble even making themselves heard in a classroom.
In the workplace, discipline is also essential to maintaining a hierarchy and dealing with employees who do not follow company policies and procedures, regularly arrive late or not at all, or treat their co-workers unfairly. Then, you have to consider that without discipline, there would be no law enforcement. Murderers would be roaming the streets and everybody would be stealing from each other, because there would be no consequences for their actions.
Discipline acts as a vital deterrent to stop children being naughty, people from missing work, and even potential criminals from stealing and killing, and for this reason it is vital in human society.